Go Pro with PP Seafrog
A unique opportunity to change your career ! Become a professional diveguide whilst enjoying the sun and fun on a tropical island.
PP Seafrog is a dive operation on the island Koh Phi Phi, Thailand. Koh Phi Phi is a tropical paradise where the tourism is booming and the diving is awesome. Our Divemaster internship offer allows you to become a Divemaster without making major investments. (worth about 2000 US$)
It takes 4-6 weeks to complete your SSI Divemaster course. After the course you will work for our dive center for three months, gaining valuable experience for your future career in diving. This includes Advanced Adventure course, Rescue Specialty and React Right (first aid) if needed.
- The SSI Divemaster course includes theory and practical sessions but for the most part you will be diving and assisting our instructors with their courses.
- Prerequisite experience level is Open Water diver. If you already SSI/PADI Rescue diver the work period is only two and a half month.
- The course is free but you will be required to work as a dive guide for three months (total time 4 – 5 month). In the three month work period your job will be to guide customers on the local dive sites. Normally you will make two dives in the morning and spend some time in the shop assisting customers and preparing the dives for the next day. There is no donkey work involved like washing equipment or handling tanks.
- All mandatory study materials including SSI Dive Guide and Science of Diving Registration one year Membership are not included. (8,500 THB)
- Food and accommodation is not included. (lunches on the boat are include)
- Since you will be trained to become a professional diver, each candidate is required to own a set of equipment (regulator, bcd, fins, wetsuit, mask, computer). If you don’t have your own equipment yet we can offer equipment from several brands including Mares, Scubapro, Aqualung and Suunto for trade price.
- You will gain enormous experience of the industry in a wonderful tropical environment underwater as well as on the surface with at least 150 dives by the finish of the program. We cannot guarantee a paying job with us after the program however local training makes interns highly employable.
- If you decide to do the SSI/PADI instructor course, we will arrange you a course at a discounted price in Phuket or on Phi Phi. Or Internship options are available.
- Minimum age 18 years.
- Basic English speaking ability is necessary.
- Diving experience is an advantage but not required.
- Ability to work in a team, enthusiasm, motivation.
- We recommend diver insurance with e.g. Divers Alert Network (basic).
- Doctors’ declaration that you are fit to dive. (also possible to arrange here in Thailand).
Manager Phi Phi Sea Frog